This is a one-day workshop designed for beginners of DSLR who wish to venture into the world of movie-making using your DSLR. This workshop will introduce the basic techniques of shooting movies using DSLRs and take full advantage of the advanced features Nikon DSLR has to offer for movie recording. Conducted by Albert Yap, a professional wedding cinematographer, participants will get the opportunity to learn the hands-on videography techniques direct from the pro.
Part 1 : Introduction to Video Filming using Nikon DSLR (1.5 hours)
• Participant will be shown on various type of videos filmed by using Nikon DSLR
• Introduction on Nikon D-Movie mode and the options
• Various supporting accessories for video filming
• Basic video filming method with DSLR
Part 2 : Pre-production story-board preparation (1 hour)
• Sample story board & guide on creating the storyboard
• Participants will be group into 7-8persons to create their own story board
Part 3 : Actual filming (1.5 hours)
• The group will be guided at times on shooting the story they planned earlier at the hotel compound
• Subjects will be anything in the hotel; Garden, Pools, Tourist and etc
Part 4 : Post-production video editing (2 hours)
• Adobe Premier Pro CS5 will be used as the Non-Linear-Editing program of the workshop.
• Participants should be advised to bring their own laptop preinstalled with Adobe Premier Pro CS5 if possible or
at least with similar type of editor of their choice.
• Participants will be shown on how to edit the footages captured during Part 3.
• Participants will also be shown on exporting HD and non-HD media.